Navigation

Quote of the Month:

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney
{Past Quotes}

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Organized Chaos

ox·y·mo·ron /ˌäksəˈmôrˌän/
Noun: A figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g., faith unfaithful kept him falsely true)

I've always loved this word for some reason. Oxymoron. Haha, even the word oxymoron itself is an oxymoron. Anyway, what brings this to mind has to do with my weekend plans. I'm going camping with my family. Whenever there is a big family trip planned, there is always, always organized chaos! My mother will try to her hardest to get us kids ready to go, and will always try to organize the supplies (and us) the best way she can, but it always ends up being pretty chaotic. She'll end up yelling, and we always end up packing last minute anyways.

I've learned over the years to just ignore her impatience. I know she doesn't mean anything by it. I try my best to stay on her good side, but sometimes you've just got to sit there and take it. This time the chaos has been kept to a minimum. Everyone was on their best behavior! We've got our bags mostly packed and a bunch of camping supplies sitting out in the living room.

Don't get me wrong, I love going on trips with my family, it's the getting ready for those trips that is the difficult part :P Once we get going on the road, everything gets settled! I guess it's a good thing that my mother can be so strict at these times, that way we don't end up being completely unprepared [<--oxymoron (; ].

Well, this is my first post, and I'm leaving in the morning to go on another adventure! Hopefully I will be able to stay on my mother's good side. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...