Navigation

Quote of the Month:

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney
{Past Quotes}

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Helping The "Homeless"

With so many people on the side of the road these days holding signs up that say things like "Homeless," "Stranded," and the like, how do you know who to give your money to that actually need it? There have been stories in the news about people who are pretending to be homeless and actually making hundreds of dollars a day by standing on the side of a busy road. I have seen with my own eyes "homeless" people taking shifts on a street corner. The worst is the so called "stranded" people who only need "a couple of dollars" for a bus ride home and are still there week after week.

So I've been thinking. If people are so inclined to give their money to these fakers, then would they be willing to actually help someone who would actually put the money to good use? Say, a broke college student who is having a hard time getting a job? A person who is actually trying to better herself by getting an education? There will be no lies, no schemes, no faking it.

"Full-time college student. Anything helps."

I brought this idea up to Chris earlier today and he said I should do it. Of course we had to make this into a bet. He doesn't think I will even get $45 out of it in a day. I'm going to wait till next weekend to try out my plan, just because I am generally too busy during the week, especially since I'm going to start volunteering at the S.P.C.A. this week. If you have space in your loving home, please adopt a dog or cat (: I know there website is crap, and I think I'm going to have to talk to them about it, but that doesn't change the fact that the animals there need lovins!




On a side note: also thinking about starting up an illegal paper writing business... got a paper you need done for class? Want an A? Send me the details ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...