Navigation

Quote of the Month:

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney
{Past Quotes}

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy Birthday, Blog

Wow, so it's officially been a year since my first post on this blog. I remember when I first started going out with Chris he kept telling me I should start a blog, and I kept telling him no, my life is not exciting enough to write about, but here, I've been writing for a year. I'm not saying my life has been interesting enough to write about, but at least I stuck to it! :P I never thought it would last this long... Funny how one bored day can lead to a year of memories recorded online.

A lot has happened in a year. I've had multiple jobs, I've moved out (okay, so I've moved back in, but it's only for while until I get a job!) and in with my boyfriend over the summer, I've had my heart broken and repaired, I've made new friends, and I've just had my first "professional, professional" photography gig. I had two first yesterday: I photographed a wedding. Not only a wedding, a Sikh wedding! It was so much fun!... and I got paid for it! Thank you God for having me put an ad on Craigslist. It was just a random idea; I put it up Tuesday afternoon, and Tuesday night, right before dinner I got a phone call!


It was such a great experience for me and I'm still working on the photos (taking a break to write this of course). I feel like I've finally got my foot in the door to the job I love. I'm not saying I could make a living off of photography- though how great would that be?- but it has always been one of my passions. I've always loved taking photographs of everything. And, as you can probably tell from this blog, writing is also one of my passions. Writing, like photography, is a way of expressing yourself. This blog has been a great tool for me to express my feelings and vent when I'm annoyed or overly stressed (sorry if you had to suffer through those :P).

But anyway. Happy birthday In The Ash Grove, and here's to another year full of stories and photos.

A

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley. I like your blog alot, just came across it last night. I've been going at a snail's pace with my own blog, and its been making me feel like a failure. I give you a ton of credit for at least sticking with it and not giving up. I really hope you keep writing, I like hearing what you have to say. And your recent experiment has me wanting to go out and stand on a street corner myself, lol!

    I'm also completely jealous cuz you got to live on a farm. I LOVE animals, but grew up in the city. It's always been my dream to start a farmette in the country when I finish college and get on my feet.

    - Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather-
      Thanks for the comment, it's nice to hear from people, and thanks for reading my blog! Good luck on your blog; keep with it! It's been a journey from day one for me. I really didn't know what to write about. I found blog posts ideas coming randomly to me though- anything you feel strongly about, facebook posts that turn out to be too long, stories of day to day happenings. Anything can turn into inspiration (: And as for the street corner, I found out it's actually illegal to do that... but by all means, $100/hr is totally worth it, lol.

      Living on a farm has been a great experience for me, and I wouldn't change a thing (: Good luck with your dream! And thanks so much for the comment!

      A

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...