Navigation

Quote of the Month:

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney
{Past Quotes}

Friday, February 17, 2012

Economics and New Jobs

The Great Recession. That's what they're calling it. The economy took a turn for the worse in 2008 and has slowly been recovering. Unemployment hit an all time high of nearly 10% in 2009 and is still lingering around 8.7%. Why do I know this, because I had to write a paper about it for my macroeconomics class. I had to write a paper describing the trends in unemployment, inflation, and economic growth in the U.S. from the first quarter of 2000 to the fourth quarter of 2011. I also had to make predictions for 2012. My prediction for 2012 was that things are going to turn around and the economy is going to continue to flourish:
One can never truly know what is going to happen next in the economy. Economists can make predictions about the future, but that is all they are, predictions. With the way things are going right now (the unemployment rate falling, and inflation and economic growth rates rising at a steady pace), I predict that 2012 is going to be a good year for the United States.
Yesterday was an awesome day. For the past few months my family of four has been sharing two cars. Not fun. My car was finally ready at the shop. I had a friend coming to pick me up to go get it (thank you Adriana!), and I had just finished my research paper about 2012 being a good year economically. I kid you not, it was maybe 10 minutes after I had wrote that "2012 is going to be a good year" that I got a call from Ashley Furniture Homestore about an interview! Way to go economy! I got my car back yesterday, turned in my paper, had an interview and... I got the job! I start on Tuesday as a receptionist/cashier/odd jobs sort of person. I cannot wait. This is what I have been waiting for.

I'm not the only person who has had a change in luck recently. My sister has gotten a job, a few of my friends as well, and my boyfriend has finally reached one of his goals of becoming a firefighter. The economy is truly taking a turn for the good. Please Lord just let things continue to get better because things really are looking up right now.


I am going to be an Ashley working at Ashley.
Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...