Navigation

Quote of the Month:

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney
{Past Quotes}

Friday, August 3, 2012

Feeling Homesick

Don't get me wrong, I have been loving my summer in Santa Barbara. I love the cool 70 degree weather, the living (basically) on my own, the people, the beach, and not having anyone telling me what to do. This is the first time I've moved out of my parent's home, and I am greatly enjoying it... but I miss Bakersfield.

I actually miss the hot summer! I miss my family. I miss my friends. I miss all my animals. I didn't realize how homesick I was feeling until I went home to Bakersfield last weekend. I was talking to friends and I realized that I didn't know a lot about what has been going on in their lives. My friend Ashley (#2 ;P) is officially engaged. I expressed my surprise, to which she responded, "well you've been in Santa Barbara." My cat was crying the entire time I was home and wanting me to pet her. Every time she heard my bedroom door open she came running down the hallway. My dog ran up to me with his tail wagging and stayed by me the entire time I was outside. And there are so many new animals on the farm- there are goats I haven't met, and a cute new german shepherd mix pup. I miss living out on the farm. Yeah, it's nice to be able to dress up and wear my cute shoes, but I miss dressing down and getting dirty once in a while.

Last week I helped Chris' dad do some yard work and I enjoyed it. I hadn't realized how much I missed doing manual labor. Yeah, I'm sure I complained when I had to do it at home, but it's nice to do something with your hands once in a while.

I'm excited because I get to go back next week. I have an interview on Thursday at Stockdale Veterinary Hospital. The plan is to leave Wednesday and to stay until Friday. I wish I could stay through the weekend, but I've got work on Saturday. No complaints though! Money is money! I am definitely going to spend more time at home this trip though because I do miss my animals. Yes, family, I miss you too of course, but my furries need me :P I'm really hoping I get this job (or an even better one) because the sooner I start working, the sooner I move back to Bakersfield to all my friends, family, and furries. I'll still miss them, because the goal is to not move back into my parent's home, but I'll be able to drive to see them whenever I want! I'll probably have to move back in with them when I first get back, but as soon as I have enough money from my new job I will be out and about!

It will be like having a new beginning all over again. 2012 has held so many new things for me, and it just keeps getting better.

With <3
A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...