Navigation

Quote of the Month:

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney
{Past Quotes}

Monday, September 3, 2012

My Own Little Slice of Italy

As a lot of you probably already know, I had my first experience with food photography last week. I got another bite off of my ad on Craigslist! Dupree, the owner of Slice of Italy called me up to do some photos for his restaurant. They are going to start doing online ordering and needed pictures of their menu items. I was more than happy to help- I let them know it was my first time doing food, and they were okay with that. It was a really fun experience!

Slice of Italy has been open for about two years now. They serve all sorts of Italian food- the basics (pizza and pasta), but they also have delicious appetizers (mozzarella sticks, calamari, etc.) , sandwiches, chicken, lasagna, calzones, salads, and don't even get me started on the desserts! I had heard of this restaurant before he contacted me, but I've never eaten there before. The staff was extremely nice and, to my knowledge, didn't mind being photographed at all (: I got the honor of eating the lasagna after shooting it. It was BOMB. I will definitely be returning there when I'm "off duty".


The chefs were making the food just for the photos, so there was a lot of food just waiting to be eaten. When I was all done for the day, they loaded me up and I took dinner home to Chris' roommates and my family. Everyone loved it!

I can only hope that I did their food justice. I remember telling the chef "You're the artist here; I'm just photographing your work." And he really is an artist. The food looked soooo good. We did a few different shots of each item. I took picture of the food in the kitchen and then on a table we decorated. I know... I need to work on my decorating skills... but I'm a photographer, not an interior decorator! Haha, I don't really think it looked that bad. And as for the photography, I think it looks quite good for my first time. After he called me I did so much research. Hopefully it shows! You can see a few of them here at my new website.

To wrap it up, the food is delicious, the staff are fantastic, and the owner is great. And now my stomach is growling from staring at that picture of lasagna for too long...

If you are craving Italian food, I highly recommend Slice of Italy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...