Navigation

Quote of the Month:

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney
{Past Quotes}

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I Get to Have my Cake and DRINK it Too!

This is not your grandma's vodka.

Vodka has changed; it's not just vodka anymore. There are so many crazy flavors! The craziest has got to be the new line by Smirnoff (yes, I know other brands have similar ones) which includes Iced Cake, Fluffed Marshmallow, Kissed Caramel, Whipped Cream and Root Beer Float. If you haven't tried these, I know what you might be thinking, "Eww! Vodka that tastes like cake?!" It is crazy to think about, but yes, it tastes like cake.

I was giving out samples of Smirnoff Iced Cake for my sampling job at Albertsons and I have tried it before, so I knew it tasted just like cake. I got a lot of people giving me crazy looks when I offered them cake flavored vodka. I assured them it wasn't as weird as it sounded and they tried it, and they all loved it. It's crazy to think about drinking cake, but it's totally delicious.

My recipe for "Upside Down Cake"
This is how I was told to mix the drink for work, and it's totally bomb:
Equal parts pineapple juice, orange juice, and Smirnoff Iced Cake.
To see the official recipe from Smirnoff, go here.


No joke, this stuff tastes just like an upside down pineapple cake. And I know it still sounds weird to be drinking cake, but trust me; this is amazing. I've had the cake and the whipped (yes whipped like whipped cream) one and they are both awesome flavors. If you're curious about what to mix with the whipped vodka, you can't go wrong with some orange juice! People describe the flavor as a 50-50 Bar (for those of you, like myself, who have never had a 50-50 Bar, orange sherbet ice cream is a good example of taste too).

I haven't tried the caramel, root beer float or the marshmallow, but I'm very excited to do so. Also very glad their website has drink recipes- otherwise I would totally be at a loss for what to mix them with! If these weren't so awesome, I would no be writing a blog about them. I tried my first Upside Down Cake last night and it was oh so good. Next on the list to try: Kissed Caramel.

These are so ingenious! Vodka will never be the same.

Ash



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...