Navigation

Quote of the Month:

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney
{Past Quotes}

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Gift Giving

Why do people exchange presents on Christmas? Do they give gifts just because they are expecting one in return or do they give gifts because they love to see the recipient's face light up when they open it? I'm like most people- I do enjoy unwrapping presents, but that is not the only reason I enjoy Christmas. The gift giving itself is what I enjoy most. I love giving people presents. I love finding something that they will like and seeing the reaction on their faces when they find out what it is.

I can't say what I've bought for people this year, because there is a small chance they might read this and find out, but I can't wait for Christmas to get here so I can give them their presents. Half the fun of giving someone the perfect gift is hunting for it. And if you can't find perfect, settling for great is always okay (: There are at least three presents that I'm very excited about this year. Is it weird that I'm excited about presents that aren't even mine?

I think one of the reasons people do not like gift giving on Christmas is because they think "what if the person I bought this for doesn't love it as much as I do?" That is something that always worries me as well. I like to think it's the thought that counts and you should be happy that person thought of you in the first place. I don't know. I just like giving things to people. And what's the big deal? Christmas only comes once a year; if you ever need an excuse to be thoughtful/sweet/romantic/funny here it is!

And I know that Christmas isn't just about presents! I love the entire holiday: the lights, the food, the music, the family, the friends... just everything about it! It has always been my favorite. Christmas is about being selfless and helping spread cheer. Why not give a gift and make someone you know (or don't know) happy?


Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...