Navigation

Quote of the Month:

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney
{Past Quotes}

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Guess I'll Go Eat Worms...

Nobody likes me,
                Everybody hates me,
                                Guess I’ll go eat worms…

I don't remember how old I was when I first heard this saying. It never made much sense to me either. Go eat worms? Why should anyone go eat worms just because no one likes them? Such a sad and lonely song and yet I remember singing it quite often when I was younger. I never really felt like I was part of a group of friends. In elementary school and junior high I had a group of friends to hang out with, but I always felt like they were the group, and I was just the weird kid that hung out around them.

When I was younger, I wasn't one of the popular kids, I wasn't attractive (as far as little girls go), and I definitely wasn't fashionable. I cringe when I look at older pictures of myself... especially school pictures! Oh my gosh what was I thinking?! Or more accurately, in most cases, what was my mother thinking? Haha, I'm sure we all have those pictures... or at least I'd like to think everyone else does too :P  Though I'm sure my appearance wasn't the only thing that kept me from making friends.

I'm just not inherently a social person. I sometimes feel like I have to push myself out there when I'm around friends. It's gotten much better over the years. This is the first year I've felt really surrounded by friends. I met an amazing guy in March 2010 and ever since then my life has gotten immensely better. My "group" of friends has grown and over-flowed. I do still feel like I'm on the outside looking in sometimes, but I'm working on blocking those thoughts out. I have so many new people in my life and I am thankful for every one of them. It's nice to feel wanted. Necessary. I think that's something everyone looks for in life.

P.S.
  School photo examples to come soon... when I'm not so tired -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...