Navigation

Quote of the Month:

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney
{Past Quotes}

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The First Week

This was the first week of the Winter Quarter, and oh what a week it was!

I thought I had CSUB all figured out (this is my second quarter there afterall). I've learned where the free parking is, I know where all my classes are, I know how to get food, and what time I actually need to get to campus in order to get to class on time. I didn't think anything could surprise me... and then I went to the health office. I needed to get TB tested for my new job. As I'm sure many of you know, CSUB is utterly ridiculous when it comes to being able to pay for anything on campus. They accept credit card, but they don't accept Visa. Are you kidding me? This has got to be one of the worst things about CSUB, but it was not the worst thing to happen this week.

On Monday I had to park at the Marketplace because I can't afford/refuse to pay $45 for a quarterly parking pass. As I'm walking I run into my friend Khushi and we stop to chat for a couple of minutes. She decides to go with me to Starbucks and we're on our way again. We come to the street light separating campus and the market place, and when the little white man says walk, we start to cross the street. We get about a quarter of the way when we hear this big booming sound. I looked up just in time to see the girl who was crossing from the other side of the street bouncing off the front of a truck. She flew. The truck pulled over to the side of the road and the driver, a woman in her thirties, jumped out. We also ran over to the girl to see if she was okay. She sat up and said she was fine and attempted to get up. There were so many people who saw it. She wanted to stand up, but everyone just kept telling her to stay where she was. Khushi called 911 and the campus police and an ambulance came and checked her out. She didn't even have a scratch on her. One lucky girl. We stuck around for a while to make sure she was okay and the medics gave her a clean bill of health.

That was one of the scariest things I've ever seen. Needless to say, I watch carefully when crossing at that particular corner from now on. Then to make matters worse, Tuesday comes along and my best friend Sharan is in a car accident. Luckily she was in a car, not just getting ran over. Wednesday came and went without incident (thankfully), and Thursday is almost over. My tutor orientation is tonight at 6:00 pm. I can't wait to get started! This week has been crazy indeed and I cannot wait for this weekend. No school Monday so it's a four day weekend; yes, you can all be jealous.

Here's to hoping nobody I know/near me gets hit with a vehicle next week. Watch where you're driving people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...