Navigation

Quote of the Month:

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney
{Past Quotes}

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Road Rage

Road rage. We're all guilty of it. Anyone who has ever said "I never yell at other drivers" is a complete liar. People are just not good drivers. They talk on their phones, they text, they eat, they sleep, and worst of all, they think they have the "right of way". I can' tell you how many times I've been practically run off the road by some idiot who thinks, "Hey, she'll move" and all the while I'm sitting there thinking, "don't even think about it".

One of my biggest pet peeves is tail gating. For some odd reason people think you'll drive your car just that much faster if the drive right up behind you and stay there. The only thing tailgating makes me do is drive slower. If you're going to be a jerk and drive that close behind me instead of just passing me, I'm going to be a jerk and go even slower!... or just continue going the speed limit, which ever fits into my schedule better. I understand, sometimes people are in a hurry, but getting on other people's nerves is not going to get you to your destination any faster. It might get you a break check though...

Yes, I am guilty of tail gating (I think we all are), but I don't do it often and it usually only happens at this one spot! There is an RV park just off highway 58 at Edison Road called Orange Grove RV Park and I drive past it almost everyday on my way to school. I drive a good speed down the road; anywhere from 55-60 miles per hour. I don't know if the people that stay at the park are just in too big a hurry to leave the park, or they just feel like being butt heads but they always pull out it front of me, causing me to have to put on my breaks and come up just behind them. Mind you, the residents are usually people in trucks pulling huge trailers, so they aren't going to be going very fast. Now i'm assuming they look down the road and see me coming and think "she's pretty far down the road, I have plenty of time to pull out". This is a common misconception. When you are driving 15 mph pulling out of a park and there is a car coming 60 mph down the road, it's going to catch up to you quickly! I will drive right behind them, hoping they see how close I am and feel like the idiots they are for pulling out when they did. One can only hope.

You know what? If more people would drive like me, the world would be a much faster, safer, and better place :P I'm sure many people have thought that too...

What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to driving?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...